Sometimes when your feet ache and develop some pain, you might wonder what to wear in order to help relieve the pain. Shoe inserts can help but when the level of pain is still too much, then it is time to consider using orthotics.
Orthotics are medical devices that can be prescribed to you; they are worn in shoes to help in correcting problems such as poor walking and running techniques.
Orthotics have been well known for their ability to not only reduce the pain in the foot that can be caused by conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, bursitis and plantar fasciitis but also fixing flat feet.
Why use orthotics for foot pain?
This is one of the common reasons as to why you should use orthotics. It’s also known as flat feet. Orthotics help in supporting the arch, which in turn ensures even distribution of impact on the feet.
- If the arch of your foot is totally flat or even too low, you will experience some pain, which will disturb the absorption of impact by your feet.
- Over-pronation can also cause a realignment of your whole body. This can make your foot to roll inwards.
Development of calluses
Calluses can frequently develop under your feet, and this could indicate that your gait is not balanced.
- Calluses are caused by pressure not being evenly distributed.
- They can develop under the big toe, the football and outside the big toe.
- Orthotics help in relieving the pain caused by the calluses by reducing the callus growth.
This is also a painful condition that requires the use of orthotics. It occurs when the plantar fascia tissue becomes inflamed, which can cause severe heel pain. This pain can be reduced by wearing orthotics.
- Properly align your feet
- Help in reducing the stress on the plantar fascia tissue
- Prevent of complications that may arise in future as a result of plantar fasciitis
Benefits of using orthotics for foot pain
It is important to take good care of your feet. Using orthotics is one of the ways to achieve comfort while walking and running. Some of the benefits include:
1. Controlling pain
Foot conditions such as plantar fasciitis and flat feet cause severe pain that can cause discomfort. This pain can cause a disturbance to your body balance and posture. The use of orthotics can:
- Lead to the modification of the structure of the foot
- Reduce the pain that is caused by the foot conditions
- Maintain body balance and posture
- Realign the feet to ensure that they are functioning as required, thus controlling pain
2. Improved sport performance
Custom made orthotics can help in improving performance in many sports.
- Orthotics help in proper alignment of the feet, hence enhancing performance in sports.
- They also help in reducing the impact on the foot from the ground, which ensures that the muscle energy is directed to the movement in sport.
It can be very uncomfortable to live with foot pain that is caused by foot conditions. You should see a doctor who can advise you on what to do to control the pain on your feet. Orthotics can be one of the ways to use in dealing with such conditions that are causing pain.
You can consult experts such as https://alignfootankle.com/procedures/orthotics/ to get custom-made orthotics for your feet. With the help of experts, you will get rid of foot pain with much ease.