Are you looking for a dental clinic that offers malocclusion treatments like clear braces in Westerville, OH? Westerville is a prosperous city in Franklin and Delaware counties in Ohio. It was once known as “The Dry Capital of the World” due to its strict laws banning the sale of alcoholic drinks. It has a fast-growing healthcare industry, which includes dentistry.
There are exciting developments in the dental industry that will revolutionize the treatment of dental issues like malocclusion or misaligned teeth. Among these technologies are 3D printers, laser dentistry, and robot dentists. Effective cures for malocclusion like clear braces are also being improved to make them better.
What is Malocclusion?
Malocclusion or misaligned teeth cause abnormal bite patterns and tooth overcrowding. People with malocclusion also find it challenging to perform vital oral activities like biting, speaking, and chewing. There are several types of tooth misalignment.
- Impacted tooth
- Missing teeth or hypodontia
Different Treatments for Malocclusion
Orthodontists recommend several strategies to treat or correct severely misaligned teeth. However, the treatment to be used will depend on the type of malocclusion. Here are some misaligned teeth treatments:
- Surgical procedures to shorten or reshape the jaw
- Extraction of some teeth to correct overcrowding
- Reshaping, capping, or bonding of teeth
- Use of wire or plates to stabilize the jaw bone
- Installation of clear braces to align the teeth properly
Benefits of Using Clear Braces to Correct Misaligned Teeth
Many patients with malocclusion favor the use of clear braces to correct their misaligned teeth. There are several dental clinics offering Invisalign clear braces in Westerville, OH. Here are some benefits of using clear braces to treat your malocclusion:
- Improves patient confidence – Because they are made of transparent materials that blend well with natural teeth, you will not feel self-conscious when talking to people. You can confidently flash your smile, knowing that your braces are not noticeable.
- Effective in straightening misaligned teeth – Clear braces are effective in correcting a malocclusion. Satisfied patients can talk, smile and laugh in public with confidence as their teeth are already correctly aligned.
- Convenient to use – Invisible braces are very comfortable to use. You can remove them when you eat so you can consume your favorite food anytime. You can also take off your braces when attending a special event as long as you wear them for the advised number of hours per day. Furthermore, you can floss and brush your teeth easily as you can remove your braces easily.
- Lessens traumatic wear – Misaligned teeth can cause traumatic wear like tooth breakage, chips, or abfraction. The braces can help prevent traumatic wear by aligning the teeth in their proper positions.
- Better oral health – As they are useful in correcting malocclusion, clear braces improve your oral health significantly. They prevent the accumulation of plaque because you can already clean your teeth with ease. With your straightened teeth, you will also have a lower risk of suffering a periodontal disease.
Abnormal tooth alignment can affect your self-confidence. With low self-esteem, your relationship with others, as well as your job performance, can be adversely affected. By using clear braces, your dental issues will be cured, and your confidence restored.