When you see a stunning pair of eyes, it hits you like a ton of bricks. The sparkle and depth in the irises are the foundation of beauty. Unfortunately, when the aging process kicks in, the eyes are the first to go. With demanding jobs and stressful family lives, we are soon hit with bags, sleepiness and wrinkles. Today we’re going to let you in on a few secrets to eyes that sparkle.
- Lots of vitamin C – Vitamin C is fantastic for your skin. It keeps cells healthy and allows connective tissue to stay strong. There are lots of muscles around your eyes working hard every day. Vitamin C keeps them in good condition and lets the skin around your eyes shine. So, stock up on oranges, berries and vitamin supplements.
- Under-eye treatments – There are plenty of creams out there that profess to reverse the aging process. Some work, some are all talk. We suggest opting for a serum, rather than a traditional face cream. They work deeper and strengthen the skin. We also like roller sticks with anti-oxidants. Hunt these down as they’ll strengthen and cleanse your deep tissue.
- Sleep – All the creams in the world won’t work as well as a good night’s sleep! A long eight hours will help remove those bags and tiredness from around your eyes. Lack of sleep is the biggest contributor to aging eyes. There’s a reason they call it ‘beauty sleep’! Try to stick to a sleep schedule if possible. Go to bed at the same time, and wake up at the same time every day. You’ll notice an improvement almost immediately.
- Suncream – You might not know this, but the sun has a devastating aging impact on our skin. It is the biggest cause of wrinkles, and it can be avoided! Applying a low protection suncream, even through the winter, will keep your eyes and skin looking younger. It’s a neat trick that works wonders.
- Avoid salt – We touched upon diet when we talked about vitamin C. However, it’s just as important to understand what foods to avoid. Salt is at the top of this list. Salt dehydrates your skin like nothing else. It will hit your face and eyes first, so avoid it wherever possible.
- Alternative therapies. – We can’t claim much scientific evidence for the following remedies. However, many swear by their effectiveness! The first is placing tea bags over your eyes. Apparently, the caffeine and antioxidants will shrink blood cells and tighten the eyes. Others use the back of a cold spoon to relieve puffiness and swelling. Finally, a daily dose of aloe vera is a herbal touch that has powerful effects.
- Surgery – Our last suggestion is a drastic one, but there’s no question of its effectiveness. A blepharoplasty will tighten the skin around the eyes and remove bags and puffiness for good. It’s a quick procedure with a fairly short recovery period. It will bring out your deep, beautiful eyes and take years off your face.
There you have it, folks. Follow the advice here and keep those eyes sparkling!