Taking a healthy and delicious breakfast is one of the best ways to start your day. It helps you to boost your metabolism and maintain a stable blood sugar level throughout the day. Thus, you will more active and productive at work. Here are delicious and nutritious breakfast recipes that you should try.
Chicken Butternut Squash Hazelnut Mash
This absolutely tasty and healthy breakfast meal gives you a copious serving of protein, healthy fatty acids and a fair share of complex carbohydrates.
- 1/2 teaspoon of chai spice
- 1/4 cup of cream or coconut milk
- 50g crushed hazelnut
- 6 cups of chopped fresh young spinach leaves
- Juice from 1 orange
- Fleshly cracked pepper
- Fine sea salt
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken beats (medium sized)
- 1 medium butternut squash (with seeds removed) split in half
- Preheat the oven till it reaches a temperature of about 350 F.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the butternut squash halves. Position them face down on any baking pan that can contain them and your chicken breasts at once.
- Put the chicken breasts in the same pan and sprinkle some salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Pour the orange juice on the chicken breasts and put the orange shells in the pan and cover it with foil.
- Place the covered pan in the oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes, till the squash is soft and chicken is well cooked. Let it cool for some minutes.
- While the squash and chicken are in the oven, put the spinach in a non-stick skillet and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a dry pan on medium heat.
- After the chicken and squash are cool enough to hold, shred your chicken into small bite size pieces and then place them in a mixing bowl.
- With a spoon, scoop the flesh out of the squash.
- Add the spinach, hazelnuts, chai spice, coconut cream and mix them carefully.
- Split this mixture into two and place in oven safe dishes. Then put them under a broiler till the top receives a golden colour
- Garnish it with more coconut cream and hazelnuts.
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
If you want a delicious gluten-free breakfast, you should try these blueberry oatmeal pancakes. They are very nutritious and this recipe can serve a tasty breakfast for four adults.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal
To serve this breakfast you can use honey, blueberry chia jam or maple syrup since most honeys and jams are made from top quality ingredients.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and warm water and put it aside till it becomes like egg white.
- Add the lemon juice and almond milk to make three quarters of a cup. Stir it and set it aside until it is curdled.
- Blend the oats until it nearly becomes a flour. Then add all other ingredients apart from the blueberries and blend them until they form a smooth pancake batter.
- Put a little oil on a skillet and heat it on medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter on the skillet and place 5 blueberries on top. Cook it till bubbles form and burst the surface. Flip it over using a spatula and press it down so that it cooks thoroughly. Within 3 to 5 minutes, it should be cooked evenly. Serve the pancakes with honey, jam or maple syrup.
These recipes can help you to prepare a healthy breakfast that will give you an energy boost for a productive day. Instead of eating less healthy packaged cereals and other commercially produced sandwiches, that have a lot of sugar and preservatives, you should try these healthy breakfast dishes.