Regardless of the fact that dental science has advanced a lot in the past decade, enormous number of people around the world still suffer, from teeth loss, gingivitis (a medical name for gum disease), or various injury. For many years the only way to treat these problems were only bridges and dentures. However, in the new era of dentistry new treatment was introduced – dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are individually designed replacement tooth roots. Dental implants offer a strong foundation for either permanent or removable replacement teeth which are designed to match your natural teeth.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Improved appearance. With no doubt, new dental implants will look and definitely feel like your own teeth so that only you will know that they are not real. As they are installed permanently after the procedure you get almost eternal replacement for the lost or damaged teeth that will remain in perfect shape forever.
- Improved speech. As a rule, damaged and lost teeth create the problem of speech defects that are impossible to fix unless dental implants are installed. As these artificial teeth replace your own ones and repeat their shape perfectly you will be able to get your oratory back right after the installation.
- Improved comfort. With problems occurring in your mouth it frequently becomes hard to chew and consequently eat, from gum disease your breath will get worse every day. Dental implants can help you restore comfortable position of all teeth in your mouth, bring back the pleasure of eating tasty food, and undoubtedly improve situation with your breath. Furthermore, you will not have to suffer from small food particle getting stuck because it will be very easy to clean them out with a regular tooth brush.
- Improved self-esteem. When people have any dental problems they start closing themselves from the society because they feel embarrassed by such problems. With the help of dental implants you will feel free and happy to smile and talk to people again, you will get your beauty back and consequently your confidence will be re-born.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants do not require any other teeth to be reduced, as, for instance, a tooth-supported bridge does. AS none of your nearby teeth are altered to support the implant, your healthy teeth close to the implants will not be damaged in any way, improving long-term oral health.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
In general any healthy person who is able to undergo the extraction of dental implants Toronto can get this procedure done. You need to have healthy or at least treated gums and also enough jaw bones to hold the implant itself. You should also take very good care of your oral hygiene and go for regular dental visits. In case you suffer from diabetes or any heart diseases you need to get a private consolation with a dentist to get the full answer to this question.