Sometimes recognized as EO, essential oils are volatile aromatic compounds that are extracted from the flowers, bark, seeds, stems, leaves, roots, and different parts of plants. They provide a plant with its distinctive aroma and do play a vital role in the existence of the plant and its contribution to the chain of life. The word ‘volatile’ is used for those essential oils that specify the unbelievable capability of their small organic molecules to transform condition from liquid to gas fast at room temperature. Every essential oil has got an exclusive composition grounded on the diversity of its chemical compounds which change from species to species and plants to plants.
Every essential oil comprises of both trace and primary constituents. Scientists are engaged in a job of learning and discovering novice constituents they possess in the essential oils and how they react when transformed into blends. The pure essential oils are a huge hit with aromatherapists and the even with the casual users. Every natural essence happens to be devoid of synthetic compounds, highly concentrated and subject to a similar level of analysis and testing. When you wish to buy essential oils, you must consider the significance of choosing only a reputable and trustworthy company that understands the nuances linked with growing, gathering as well as the extraction process.
Essential oils for migraines and headaches
For using essential oils, you must dilute them in a carrier oil, like olive oil, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil. You must never apply essential oils directly on the skin. The effective essential oils for migraines and headaches are:
- Peppermint oil – This oil is one of the most used oil for treating migraines or headaches. This oil comprises menthol that can aid in relaxing your muscles and lessen pain. You can apply diluted peppermint oil on your temples for getting relief from both migraines and tension headaches.
- Rosemary oil – This oil has got potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties and it is being used in folk medicine for many numbers of years for pain relief, stress reduction, and better-quality circulation.
- Lavender oil – This oil is generally used for relaxation and stress relief. It is also powerful oil among many essential oils for headaches and migraines.
- Chamomile essential oil – This essential oil relaxes your body and soothes your muscles too and so, it turns hugely helpful to treat tension headaches. Additionally, it is useful for treating insomnia and anxiety.
- Eucalyptus – When the reason for your headache is sinus issues, then eucalyptus essential oil can turn out to be highly helpful as it will open up your nasal passages and clear the sinuses.
Some vital points to remember
There are only some essential oils that are advised to be used in infants who haven’t attained the age of one year. Again, pregnant and breastfeeding women too should not use essential oils with consulting a physician. Essential oils can cause complications when you have been suffering from pre-existing conditions, like heart problems or asthma. You must ask your doctor prior to using essential oil to make sure that they won’t worsen any health problems. You must keep this in mind that the FDA does not monitor the essential oils.