Brain for its proper functioning requires a healthy and proper diet. To increase the memory power there are few food items that need to be added in the daily diet. These food articles not only increase the memory but also help in effective functioning of the brain. The active ingredients help in improving the memory.
Foods that Help improve Memory are:
- Beef Liver: The most common food that is used for improving the memory is the beef liver. It is generally found on the dining table of the U.S people. It is very rich in proteins but has become unhealthy. Due to its unhealthy reasons now it has been removed from many of the restaurants. Though beef is very powerful in enhancing the brain activity. It changes the level of choline in the brain. It helps in formation of memory and increase in concentration level. Intake of beef also helps in regulating the mood. It has been used to treat the depression. Choline can be induced in the body without having any animal product.
- Fish and fatty acids: Fatty acids are best known for providing integrity to cell membrane, anti-aging protection etc. There are some fats in the body which cannot be produced by the body on its own. These fatty acids help in generating those fats and controlling the cholesterol level. They also help in improving the memory function. A substance known as Docosahexanoic acid (DHA) which is mainly found in fishes is very effective in improving the memory. This substance can also be taken in the form of pills, fish oil etc.
- Berries and Flavonoids: Flavonoids is the substance that is present in all the varieties of berries. It helps in enhancing long term memory. A growth hormone is activated in the brain by this substance. Berries are known to be a great food in improving the memory. Flavonoids are also present in green tea. One of the most common household ingredients used to have strong memory is the grape seed that also contains flavonoids.
- Coffee: Coffee is though not known for health benefits still it has been greatly regarded for increasing the memory power. Caffeine present in the beverages help in boosting the memory power. Beverages rich in caffeine would be like tea, coffee etc. Heavy intake of caffeine may lead to health problems too. This can help in having increase in both short term as well as long term. Visit Nootriment.com.
Other Food Items that improve Memory:
There are several other food items too that help in boosting the memory.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which helps in having sharp memory.
- Coconut oil is also known to improve the memory both short term and long term
- Broccoli being rich in vitamin C and calcium acts as an antioxidant and thus help in repairing and rejunevating the tissues.
- Dark chocolate rich in flavonols help in achieving the optimum memory function.
- Foods rich in vitamin E also help in increasing the functioning of the brain.
- Avocado is rich in Omega level that helps in controlling the cholesterol level and aiding in improving the memory.