Eyeglasses and contact lenses can seem like a simple solution for perfect vision. However, both these options come with their own set of problems. Be it the expenses of maintaining them or the restrictions they bring to your lifestyle. Lasik, on the other hand, is a perfect solution for a perfect vision. It offers numerous advantages over glasses or contacts.
Let’s first look at what type of issues people who wear eyeglasses or contacts face and then understand how Lasik eye surgery addresses these problems and offers numerous benefits so that you can enjoy a perfect vision.
- Your vision becomes narrow with the usage of eyeglasses as your peripheral vision takes a hit. You are forced to use a small part of your total field of vision and tasks which require you to use your peripheral vision become challenging.
- Change in prescription can give you headaches. You have to frequently ensure that your glasses are updated as per the correct prescription.
- Using and maintaining contact lenses is a tedious and time-consuming task. If they are not cleaned properly, the risk of contamination increases which may cause severe eye infections. Wearing the contacts for long hours at a stretch dries out your eyes which results in redness or irritation, pain and blurred vision. Also if you use your contacts without cleaning them properly for a long time, you may get eye ulcers which are painful and may further cause blurred vision and even blindness.
- You cannot enjoy your favourite sports and activities which involve running, swimming, jumping or any kind of contact with glasses or contacts without the right type of sports eyewear which is often expensive.
You can get rid of all of these problems with a simple and effective solution – Lasik eye surgery. It is one of the most common types of vision correction surgery used to cure various defects such as farsightedness, nearsightedness and astigmatism. It’s almost pain-free. Here are some of its many advantages:
- Lasik is a one-time investment for perfect vision. It provides a long-lasting vision correction which lasts for years. This correction may also last a lifetime. As a result, you save thousands of dollars on contact lenses, contact solutions, frames and lenses every time you break, damage or lose your eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Vision is corrected quickly and the recovery time is minimal. Majority of patients can return to their normal lifestyle within as little as 24 hours.
- As mentioned above, improper usage of contacts can cause some serious allergies or infections. With Lasik, there are no chances of such infections and allergies.
- Eyeglasses do not correct peripheral vision but Lasik does. Besides, Lasik also improves your night time vision, so that you are able to see better at night.
- Lasik lets you enjoy your favourite sports and activities without worrying about any of the hassles that come with wearing and maintaining eyeglasses or contact lenses. For instance, sports which involve contact, running or jumping such as football, basketball and running, require special sports eyewear to prevent your glasses from bouncing around and affecting your vision.
- Be it contacts or eyeglasses, there is a factor of inconvenience attached with both of them. With eyeglasses, you have to ensure that they are updated as per the correct prescription. You also need to be careful about protecting them from getting scratched, damaged or broken. With contacts, you need to dedicate a considerable amount of time to clean and maintain them. Lasik offers you great convenience as it reduces or eliminates your dependence on eyeglasses or contacts after the surgery.
- Your confidence and self-esteem are improved since you no longer have to be conscious about eyeglasses affecting your personality.
Due to its many benefits thousands of people the world over choose Lasik over contact lenses or eyeglasses. Are you still struggling with eyeglasses or contact lenses? If yes, consult your ophthalmologist to know more about how Lasik can help you gain a perfect vision.
Author Bio: Aaron Barriga is the online marketing manager for Insight Vision Center. With a knack for understanding medical procedures and an interest in eye and vision health, Aaron loves to share what he knows and what he learns. He blogs with a mission of informing readers about the latest eye care technology and other topics related to eye care especially LASIK. He loves collecting coasters from the different bars and restaurants he visits during his travels