Not too long ago, getting a tattoo was a rebellious move, a drastic decision that defined who you were as a person. In many people’s eyes, even today, they label a person as a rebel, or a troublemaker. However, today, tattoos are becoming more and more accepted in mainstream culture. As a result, it’s becoming more and more common to see people walking down the street all tatted up. At the same time, it’s also becoming more commonplace to see tattoo removal in NYC.
When the right person and the right tattoo meet, it can be a lifelong happy decision. Some people find a tattoo that is meaningful to them and that they love so much that for the rest of their lives, they are happy to show off their ink with pride. However, for some, tattoos eventually become a source of regret.
Regret can come after the artist does a shoddy job and the piece doesn’t look as you’d wanted it to, or the minute you wake up the next morning after a drunken night of fun on the town, or years down the road when the thing you got a tattoo of no longer holds the same meaning for you.
Whatever it is, once that regret sets in, the question begins to plague you: What do I do? How do I get rid of this? Luckily, tattoo removal in NYC is here as an answer.
How Does Tattoo Removal in NYC Work?
People who choose to pursue permanent ink removal do so for a variety of reasons. These might include:
- Allergic reactions
- Regrets about the placement, design, etc.
- Seeking employment at an establishment that discourages tattoos
- Replacing one tattoo with a new one
Because tattoos that are professionally applied are able to penetrate deeper into the skin’s layers uniformly, dermatologic surgeons can use methods that remove larger areas of inked skin at a single depth. However, newer tattoos applied professionally with some newer inks or pastel colors may be difficult to entirely remove.
What to Do When Seeking Tattoo Removal?
When seeking tattoo removal in NYC, it’s important to keep certain things in mind to prevent your likelihood of having a bad experience and help you receive a service that you’ll end up being satisfied with.
- Find the Right Provider: Make sure that you find the right doctor to perform your laser removal. With the right professional (meaning a person who is qualified to perform laser removal procedures) the entire process will go much more smoothly.
- Communicate: It is important to communicate with your doctor about why you are getting your ink removed and to discuss your expectations with the professional you have selected to work with. This will make sure that you are both on the same page and you will be able to get what you are looking for out of your laser removal procedure.
- Be Aware of the Tattoo Removal Cost: You will also want to be aware of the removal cost. If the quote you get for the cost seems outrageously high, then look around and ask other providers what they charge to get an idea of what is normal in your area and for your specific type of tattoo. In addition, be prepared for the fact that the removal cost will likely fall largely on you; this procedure is considered a cosmetic one, and medical insurance generally does not cover it.
- Opt for Laser Tattoo Removal: Dermatologists who specialize in laser removal using an IPL machine tend to get the best results, and they do so quickly, effectively, and safely.
- Practice Self-Care: The provider you are working with will likely go over before and after operative procedures for your treatment carefully. Ask your doctor questions whenever you are confused about any of these things, and make sure to follow their instructions carefully for best results.